AS OF JULY 2013, THE POSTCARD PROJECT NOW HAS A DEDICATED BLOG SITE:
PLEASE VISIT IT FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO JOIN.
Want to be involved in the Postcard Project? It’s simple and fun. Read on to find out more!!!
Although blogging is great, there’s something quite nice about good old fashioned snail mail, in particular, receiving postcards. So, in the spirit of developing global connections and getting to know a bit more about other peoples cities/countries etc. I propose
THE POSTCARD PROJECT
Here’s what you have to do:
– Leave a message on this post to show you’re interested and so we can exchange school addresses.
– Find a postcard that represents something iconic from your country or even better, from your city.
– Write on the back of the postcard. This could be anything you like e.g. about your class, about your country or the sorts of things you did for Christmas etc. etc.
– Pop on our address and send it to us.
– You will also recieve a postcard from us.
This can be something you just do with this class or if lots of people are interested, I’ll set up a google doc with various addresses for people that want to take part and larger scale exchanges can take place.
What’s great about this project is the age doesn’t matter – primary or secondary/high-school are both welcome. What’s more, it provides a real purpose for writing.
Be as involved as you like. Write 1 postcard or lots. Do it once in the year or ongoing throughout the year. The choice is yours.
We look forward to receiving your postcards!
INFORMATION FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY JOINED:
– You should have received a link to the google doc to input your address and see others’ addresses.
– You should have received a link to the google doc to input when you sent a postcard and when you received it (optional).
– WHO DO I SEND TO?
– Send to one person or as many as you like. You can choose from anyone on the googledoc.
– WHEN DO I SEND THE CARD?
– We will all be different, send them whenever suits you and your class. (I plan to start sending around about the 2nd/3rd week of Feb.)
– USEFUL LINKS
– I have started collecting useful links related to postcards. You can see them on my diigo site. Just type postcards into the tags section to find them.
– If you have found useful links feel free to add them in the comments section below for others to see.
– ANY QUESTIONS?
– Feel free to use the comments section below as a forum for asking any questions you have or share any ideas.